Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni's Legal Saga to Be Explored in New Docuseries "A Hollywood Feud": Reports

https://people.com/thmb/AgXrEG7Lfab610XizW7CM8--aDk=/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/blake-lively-justin-baldoni-Feud-Docuserie-033125-49d124365f51484fa0c3fcd19ab803a3.jpg

The docuseries is reportedly set to debut on Discovery+ in June

SUZANNE CORDEIRO/AFP via Getty; Araya Doheny/Variety via Getty

Blake Lively in Austin, Texas, on March 7, 2025; Justin Baldoni in Los Angeles on Dec. 4, 2024
  • Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni's legal saga will reportedly be explored in a new Discovery+ docuseries tentatively titled Baldoni vs Lively: A Hollywood Feud
  • The docuseries will air on Discovery+ in June, per outlets including Variety and Deadline
  • A Hollywood Feud's announcement comes as the 1-hour documentary special In Dispute: Lively v Baldoni is set to air in the U.S. on Monday, March 31

Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni's ongoing legal battle is the subject of a new docuseries.

The series, with a working title of Baldoni vs Lively: A Hollywood Feud, was announced by Warner Bros. Discovery U.K. & Ireland on Monday, March 31, per outlets including Variety and Deadline.

A Hollywood Feud will "provide a forensic look into the lead-up to the impending court cases," similar to previous Discovery + shows such as Johnny vs Amber: The U.S. Trialand Vardy vs Rooney: The Wagatha Trial, according to Deadline.

The Lively/Baldoni docuseries, produced by Optomen, will debut on Discovery+ in June, per both outlets. The announcement of A Hollywood Feud comes two weeks after ITN Productions unveiled the documentary He Said, She Said: Blake Lively vs Justin Baldoni.

The legal saga between Lively, 37, and Baldoni, 41, has been described as having "twists and turns" since it began to dominate headlines late last year.

Nicole Rivelli/Sony Pictures

Justin Baldoni and Blake Lively in It Ends with Us (2024)

Related: Justin Baldoni's Lawyer Calls Blake Lively's Request to Dismiss Lawsuit 'Abhorrent,' Will Continue to Hold Her 'Accountable'

Before Lively filed a complaint against her It Ends with Us director and costar Baldoni on Dec. 20, 2024, the tension between them was already brewing behind the scenes. She formally sued 11 days later in New York federal court.

Baldoni countersued in January and is also suing The New York Times, which first published Lively's complaint. He went on to launch a website to detail the "lawsuit info," including a "timeline of relevant events" that took place before Lively was cast for the movie and everything since.

On March 13, Judge Lewis J. Liman partially granted Lively a modified protective order to keep private details of the cases from leaking to the media.

Baldoni filed a sixth lawsuit related to the production of It Ends with Us on March 21. He is suing his former publicist, Stephanie Jones, founder of PR firm Jonesworks, on claims that she leaked private text messages.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human-interest stories.

Gotham/WireImage (2)

Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni at the premiere of It Ends with Us in New York City, August 2024

In a March 21 statement to PEOPLE, Kristin Tahler, an attorney for Jones — who filed her own lawsuit against Baldoni and publicist Jennifer Abel — refuted Baldoni's allegations of leaking texts.

"Ms. Jones' lawsuit is based entirely on facts and concrete evidence," Tahler's statement began. "That suit clearly shows that Jen Abel conspired with [crisis public relations manager] Melissa Nathan and others to steal reams of confidential documents, clients and staff and eventually attempt to destroy the business that Ms. Jones spent decades building."

It continued, "Abel, Nathan, Baldoni and their co-defendants attempted to achieve these outcomes through bullying distortion and outright disparagement. These facts are backed up by dozens of messages provided in the suit we filed month ago and cannot be credibly disputed."

"Having no facts or evidence, we see a familiar playbook — smear our client, culminating in the work of fiction masquerading as the counterclaims that were filed yesterday," the statement concluded.

Nicole Rivelli

Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni in It Ends with Us (2024)

Related: Blake Lively 'Knows It Will Be a Long Year' with Justin Baldoni Lawsuit: How She's Getting Through It (Exclusive Source)

He Said, She Said: Blake Lively vs Justin Baldoni, a 90-minute "fast-turnaround special," aired in the U.K. on March 17, according to a press release from ITN Productions. 

A shorter 60-minute version, titled In Dispute: Lively v Baldoni, will air in the U.S. on Investigation Discovery Monday, March 31. It will also be available to stream on Max and Discovery+.

According to the release, "The special will examine the legal complaint brought against Justin Baldoni by Blake Lively, alleging he engaged in sexual misconduct on the set of his film It Ends with Us and hired a PR firm to engage in an online smear campaign against her to keep her quiet."

"Baldoni denies the allegations and has responded with a $400 million countersuit, accusing her of defamation," the release added. "With the trial set for March 2026, the special will examine the evidence on both sides and the response to the dispute on social media."

×